|View similar recipes|
This mixed berries smoothie is a nice idea for breakfast, light snacks and summer refreshment. It is rich in antioxidants and vitamins, and it won’t spoil your slimming diet.
You can take it alone in the morning before you go to work, you cat have it with light oatmeal and you can provide for your kids with light breakfast sandwiches. In all cases you will enjoy a fresh morning with this mixed berry smoothie.
- About 200gm frozen mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries).
You can use fresh berries and just let them in the fridge for a while to get a cooler mix.
- One or two tea spoons of honey. (optional)
- Small tea cup of apple juice. (you can use pineapple juice for a better taste)
- One medium-sized ripe banana (optional; but I recommend it for enhancing the fiber content)
- 2 tea spoons of honey. (optional)
- Few pieces of low-fat biscuits. (more suitable for kids, and not recommended in slimming diets and you can use a slight amount of oats if the taste won’t bother you)
Use the blender to mix all ingredients for a few seconds, then again on higher speed until you get a fully smoothed, thick liquid. Pour with a spatula in small, wide glasses and serve instantly with breakfast.
You can decorate with berries, grated coconut or crushed nuts.