The old-fashioned oatmeal breakfast smoothie is one of the easiest recipes for a quick morning meal before work or in winter, when your body needs enough energy and nutritious food.
The main ingredients in this recipe are as follows:
- one cup of oatmeal (oat flakes from the supermarket).
- 6 cups of dairy milk (you can use yogurt or buttermilk for a sour taste, and you can add soy milk or nut milk instead, if you follow a vegan diet).
- a dash of vanilla or a small tea spoon of vanilla extract for a nice flavor.
- your desired sweetener (I’d recommend a few tea spoons of natural honey).
The additional options to use with this recipe could be:
Crushed nuts – a small amount of peanut butter, for flavoring – bananas – silken tofu.
- Put the oats in your blender or food processor.
- Through the dispenser hole in the lid, start adding the milk gradually while mixing on low speed.
- Pour half the amount of milk, slowly, and then process the mixture for a few seconds to make sure that all oat flakes are smoothed.
- After they are all smoothed, pour the rest of the milk, add your special touch, vanilla syrup/extract, and the desired amount of honey (usually 3 tea spoons).
- Serve the oatmeal smoothie with your favorite garnish fruits/nuts.
In winter, try using warm milk, chocolate powder and nuts. It will add a special taste and warmth to your morning.